Testosterone therapy lawsuits are being filed in different parts of the United States. These lawsuits are being filed against the manufacturers of medications designed to raise the levels of testosterone for those with ‘low-T.’ Low-T is a condition whereby men have experienced a depletion of their testosterone levels and they are suffering as a result. Unfortunately, several different studies have concluded that men who are undergoing testosterone replacement therapy, or TRT, face a higher risk of heart attacks, strokes and death.
It’s possible that hundreds of thousands of men could one day encounter the need to file testosterone therapy lawsuits. That’s because reports indicate that these medications have generated billions of dollars in revenue for these manufacturers in recent years. Making many professional worry that these medications are being used widely and perhaps by men who do not need them or who should not use them in some situations. If you or someone you love suffers from the side effects associated with testosterone replacement therapy, you should contact an attorney to learn more about your legal rights.
When you contact a testosterone therapy lawyer, you will speak to a professional who will schedule your free initial consultation with an attorney. The person who talks to you during your initial contact will ask you some basic questions so that your initial consultation can be productive. Below are a few examples of the types of information you should have ready when you make that call to schedule your initial consultation:
- Your contact information
- Your age
- The testosterone medication or medications used
- Your age when you began testosterone replacement therapy
- Any potential side effects you suffered
- Whether or not you were using testosterone replacement medication at the time of the side effects
- If not, how long it had been between the end of your use of the medication and the appearance of your testosterone side effects
- The medical care required because of these side effects
- A brief description of the medical care required
- Whether or not you were still using testosterone medication when you received medical care
- When these side effects arose
- What you were told regarding your prognosis/recovery
Rest assured that you do not need to have all of your medical records and other documents ready and organized when you have that first conversation. This information will be organized for you if you decide to retain that attorney. Providing this information will simply make that initial consultation with a testosterone replacement therapy lawyer more productive. Providing this helpful information can save time for your attorney allowing them to focus on analyzing your situation from a legal standpoint.
Testosterone replacement therapy has exploded in popularity in the United States in recent years. Estimates indicate that its use quadrupled across the country between 2001 and 2011. If you have undergone TRT and you have suffered side effects as a result, you need to learn more about your legal rights and options. You can do so by contacting the attorneys at Parilman & Associates today to schedule a free initial consultation either by emailing the firm or calling 800-800-DRUG.