Auxilium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. has been named as the defendant in a wrongful death lawsuit filed by the children of a man in Louisiana. Auxilium Pharmaceuticals is the manufacturer of Testim gel, which is a prescription medication for low testosterone. The children claim that Testim gel is unreasonably dangerous and that using it caused the death of their father. The man died from what was described as a sudden heart attack at the age of 61 in 2013. The family claims that the man had no prior problems with his heart or circulatory system prior to using this product.
The complaint that was filed for the case makes several claims as to why Auxilium Pharmaceuticals should be held liable for the man’s death. Examples of these claims include:
- The defendant misrepresented to the public that Testim gel was safe and an effective treatment for low testosterone therapy, or ‘low-T’ as it’s commonly called.
- The defendant engaged in an aggressive marketing campaign to both consumers and to doctors, including engaging in a ‘disease awareness’ campaign alerting men to the risks of low-T.
- Consumers were misled regarding the safety of Testim gel, and this caused cardiac events, strokes and untimely deaths.
The facts of the case as alleged by the plaintiffs in this Testim gel lawsuit are as follows:
- On or about April 30, 2012, the father of the plaintiffs was prescribed Testim gel to treat his low levels of testosterone.
- The father of the plaintiffs died suddenly of a heart attack on March 22, 2013 at the age of 61.
- Prior to this heart attack, the man had no history of blood clots, diabetes, strokes or other heart-related problems.
The plaintiffs contend that they have and will continue to suffer from damages as a result of the untimely death of their father. The action seeks an unspecified amount of damages from Auxilium Pharmaceuticals.
About Testim Gel and Testosterone Replacement Therapy
Tesim Gel is just one of many products on the market that are designed to boost testosterone levels in men. At this point, the testosterone replacement therapy, or TRT drug market generates billions of dollars every year across the United States. This number continues to grow despite the emergence of several studies that have indicated that using testosterone replacement medication can raise the risks of heart attacks, strokes and death. Testosterone replacement therapy lawsuits have been filed by injured consumers against several manufacturers in different jurisdictions.
Low-T Side Effects and Your Legal Rights
If you or someone you love has been harmed as a result of using testosterone medication, you are far from alone. However, those who decide that they need to take steps to protect themselves often find that they are dealing with enormous corporations that will fight to protect their financial interests. Rather than face this situation alone, you need to obtain the help of testosterone therapy lawyers who have been standing up for the rights of consumers for many years. Contact Parilman & Associates today to schedule a free initial consultation. You can either email the firm or call 800-800-DRUG.